Paintless Dent Repair
You have driven various models but the two things remain the same all time that is miles and memories. Minor dents attached to the miles. It is not worthy to replace the part or get the new paint job but still, it bothers.
Such ugly dents and dings ruin the appearance of the car, but to maintain the car’s looks, there is no such big procedure that you need to follow. You have an option to save your time and money that is Paintless Dent Repair. It is a method to remove some minor dents owing to hail damage or any door dings.
Do you want to repair smaller dents less than a fewer inch in diameter? Then, you can hire an expert who can remove the dent with the help of PDR and help to keep your car new as always.
What is Paintless Dent repair?
PDR (Paintless Dent Repair or Removal) is a restorative procedure to rapidly remove the minor dents and scratch Repair from the vehicle’s body. An experienced technician uses the PDR technique by putting pressure on the dent’s exterior to get back its pre-damage position.
Why is it known as paintless?
In the past times, a traditional method is used in which the technician places a body filler in the cavity of the dent. As the filler stands out too much, it needs paint matching, a paint job, and a sanding process too. This conventional method of dent repair is only good for large dents, and it is too expensive to do the bodywork. It is also not successful to deal with the dents itself. It fills the dent rather than moving the car body to its previous place.
In PDR, there is no role for fillers. By removing the fillers from the PDR process, the other associated steps such as paint matching, sanding, and painting jobs are also eliminated. So, it removes a lot of time as well as expenses from the project.
Techniques of Paintless Dent Repair
Every shop has their trade rights to repair dents through this technique. The majority of them have developed their origin in the most common techniques of vehicle dent repair. To remove the simple dents from the car body, the metal rod is being used to push the dent back to the original position. Under this technique, the rod is used by a technician to apply proper pressure at the back of the dent to move it back into place.
This technique needs access to the underside of the car body. Some hard repair parts of the car such as dents on the roof might use a glue formula and the tabs of paintless dent repair. Materials apply to the pull of the dented area from the top of the body panel. This technique is helpful to get out most of the dent and provide the car a new look.
The cost of Paintless Dent repair
Dents are part of a car. If someone dings your car, then you can either get a scratch or it may also be a dent. The paint comes off, and now it requires repainting and fixes. Here, the first question that comes in your mind is how much does paintless dent repair cost?
But the dent and scratch repair has needed to get the real look of the car back. But the cost of paintless dent repair varies between $ 125 to 325.
Benefits of Paintless Dent Repair
When the vehicle has been dinged by any car or a bike, then the smartest option is paintless dent repair. Here, we have some benefits of using PDR instead of traditional dent removal procedures. Let us have a look at these below.
- Affordability is the first and foremost reason to choose PDR. The traditional repair method includes various painting and repair jobs that are not lucrative. So, the best part is that PDR is pocket-friendly.
- PDR is very quick and the conventional methods require more time due to the involvement of various steps. A single expert procedure is included in the Paintless Dent Repair cost that is enough to get back your car in the previous position.
- It increases the resale value of the vehicle as there is no repainting job applied to the vehicle that decreases its value.
- PDR is a time-saving process. According to the damage, it takes a few hours to get the work done.
- No concerns about the vehicle’s color.
The working of Paintless Dent Repair
Various technicians safely restore the vehicle to its factory settings without any compromise with the original painted finish. The whole process of Paintless Dent repair includes four core steps which are given below:
- Assess the damage properly: The first and foremost process is to assess the damage and find out exactly where it is. Moreover, find out the size and determine how to remove it.
- Figure out entry to the dent: It is required to assess the backside of the dent. Sometimes, there is a need to remove interior, body panels as well as tail lights to reach the dent.
- Dent’s better look: A special light board is used by the technician to get a better look at the dent. Then, a shadow of the dent is displayed on the board that gives an idea to the expert where to place the tools.
- Apply pressure slowly: Apply the amount of pressure to massage the exterior back and provide a real position to the vehicle.
Kind of damage repaired through PDR
With the help of the Paintless Dent Removal method, various types of vehicle damage can be easily repaired such as car door dent repair, dings, and creases on the body. PDR is an effective and cost-friendly technique to recover the condition of a car to its factory condition.
How much time does Paintless Dent Repair take?
The repair time of the PDR depends upon the damage’s severity like positioning, size, and quantity of dings and dents or body creases. Honestly speaking, hail damages require a few days to recover the dent from the car’s surface. No filters and sanding are required in this method, and due to which the paintless dent repair cost is low as compared to the traditional method.